Thursday, February 14, 2008

Uganda

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been able to write anything in the past few days. I'm in Masindi Uganda at an Internet Cafe. I don't have much time so I'll be quick.

These past few days have been amazing.

We are working on a church here. IN the past 3 days we have built all of the rafters, hung them, and tomorrow we will begin hanging the metal for the roof. I'm the youngest on the trip so everytime something has to be done high up I get sent up. So it's been fun trying to balance on the tip of the rafters in the hot sun of the Equator. I'm impressed with all the work everyone was able to do in just a few short days.

Our hotel is very nice, the food is good, and we almost always have hot water and electricity! Today in the middle of his shower the water just shut off on Don!

We worshiped here on Sunday morning and it was one of the most amazing worship services I have been a part of. The Ugandans shared testimonies and songs, and so did we. There was such passion and intensity in their worship. .

God has been so good to us! The people are amazing. I love to hear them laugh, and sing. I told one team member you kind of just want to hold the kids down and tickle them all! She said the would probably be really afraid of the crazy white man holding them down!
I have had a fun time playing with the kids and teenagers here. Today I had a group of about 15 kids following me around everywhere I went. They were cracking up laughing because I was afraid of a lizard!

ON Saturday I am going to visit the house of one of the teenagers named Dennis. I have to walk a 1/2 mile to get there! We have talke alot the past few days. I have a video of him singing a song that I will have to post when I get back.

Well I'm running out of time so I need to run. I should be able to post again tomorrow or Monday! Keep Praying for us!

Love, Joy & Peace

No comments: