Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Off to Uganda

So I'm leaving for Uganda in about 47 hours and wanted to get some information on here for everybody to follow along with me on my journey. I don't know how often I will be able to post on here while I am in Ugand but I know we will have a few days throughout the two weeks where I will be able to throw something on here real quick.


In the next two days I'm going to put up some thoughts out of my journal that I've been keeping as I prepair for this trip. But for now here are some quick details about what will be happening:


We leave Thursday February 7 out of Cincinnatie to Detroit. We have a 2 hour layover in Detriot then we have a long flight to Amsterdam. After a 5 hour layover in Amsterdam we fly off to Entebbe Uganda. We arive in Entebbe at 9:00 P.M. their time. We will have to get thorugh Immigration and then spend the night in our hotel in Entebbe.


The next morning we have a 5 hour ride to Masindi Uganda. Misindi is the town we will be working in. Our goal is to build a church for the people of Masindi. We have 6 days to do the whole building!


Here is a link to the hotel we will be staying in at Masindi http://www.hotelvictorybijja.com/


Some time during the trip we will be visiting Murchison Falls National Park for a three day safari. You can check that out at: http://www.uwa.or.ug/murchison.html


Here is a rough map of where Masindi is located: (the bottom left)

I hope you read along the next few weeks!



No comments: