Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pictures

Hello Everyone! Things have been pretty busy around here and I haven't had to much time to post on my blog. I usually have time to send Kara an e-mail and that's about it! But its Sunday night here and I have a little time before bed so I just thought I would put up some pictures really quick and you can see what I've been up to!

There are some hiking trails behind the dorm that I am living in. My roommate Kendall and I decided to go take a hike on Saturday afternoon. It as amazing. We stumbled upon a rice patty where there were shacks built for rice workers! They were pretty cool, but a little creepy too. They seemed like someone might jump out of one at any time!

We saw the sunset from the top of a really big hill. It set behind this large row of mountains it was amazing! Then we walked home under the light of a huge full moon!

So here are some pictures from that Hike:

Kendall and I checking out the Mountains in the distance:



In The Middle of a random rice patty!



Today we went to this old Korean folk village it was supposed to be around 600 years old! We walked through the village and along the river and then ate a traditional Korean dinner. The food was amazing! We all sat on the floor and ate from one big bowl in the middle. Here are some pictures of the village and our meal.

A Cool Building in the Village:



Kendall and I by the River:



A Beautiful Shot! Tea dried up with the Mountains in the background:



A cool mask that is worn for traditional dances. The mask was inside a mask museum we went to:



A group shot (minus me) after our dinner!



Kendall with his meal (he had a separate meatless meal from the rest of us):



Our Meal just before we devoured it!



The Remains of our Meal:



This is pretty amazing! It's a Korean version of the see-saw...except you launch the other person into the air!



Here is a video of some Koreans showing us how it's done! It's pretty Scary!



And Finally a video from class on Saturday. My kids were playing a game where you had to try to get the student to guess the word or phrase written on the board behind them. This kid is trying to guess "Anything is Possible for God." I thought you might enjoy seeing my kids in action!


I hope things are great for you and that all is well! Have a great week!

Love, Joy & Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan: Great pictures of your hike and meal and kids!! It is all so exciting I'm sure. We are sending you a Big Hug !! Love & Prayers
Grandma & Grandpa Kaufman