Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Party

We had and awesome weekend with our church family!

This being our first Christmas in Canton, Kara and I wanted to have a special time of celebration with our church board. We hosted a party on Saturday night for our church board and Sunday School Ministries board in our church fellowship hall. Kara made some awesome invitations,



that also informed our guests that we would be awarding a prize to the person with the best Christmas outfit. I went to Goodwill and bought the most disgusting jacket I could find. But I was not match for some of the couples. Most actually thought my jacket was serious (even though I look like a used car salesmen!) Here are a few of them:





But the winning costume from the Island of Misfit Toy's was:



How awesome are those costumes!

The party also included a white elephant gift exchange that was extremely entertaining. Kara left with some old school cookie cutters, that remind me of ones my Mom had when I was younger. And I opened the only box that was for a woman! I came away with some sweet Avon candle sticks, a book about hugs, some coaster, and "Country Home Decorations" book. I was overjoyed to say the least.

Kara did an awesome job preparing for the party with decorations and feeding all of the people. One person said after eating the Greek salad she had made, "I paid $10 for a Greek salad once, and it was half as good as this one!" She also made over 100 gingerbread men for the party. I have an amazing wife! Here is a shot of her in the kitchen:



And here is a shot of me in my used car sales men jacket that actually doesn't look to awful in this picture, our children ministries worker Brian is next to me:


We had a great time celebrating together with our new friends and feel so blessed to be a part of this church. Kara and I are confident of God's call on our lives to Canton First Church. He is doing great things and we are looking forward to the future here together!

No comments: