Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The day I met Bill




Today was a pretty exciting day around Southern Indiana. Bill Clinton made a stop in Columbus and in Seymour to campaign for Hillary and share some of her plans for the economy.

I arrived about an hour before he was scheduled to speak and waited in line for about 30 minutes before they allowed us to enter a practice gym at Seymour high school. There were a few seats that were mainly used by some older folks while the rest of the crowd of about 800 stood on the floor around the stage.

The Seymour High School band was playing while we all waited for President Clinton to arrive. While we waited the band entertained us with such numbers as Cheeseburger in paradise, love potion number 9, and Holiday by Greenday! Exactly the music you would expect for the arrival of the one time leader of the "free world."

President Clinton finally showed up 2 hours late! My feet were tired, people were sitting on the floor, people were leaving! It was a bit frustrating. He talked for a while about the economy, jobs, schools and health care. He claimed that if Hillary were elected we would have access to cars that get 100MPG. Sounds good. He also claimed that there are already 50 of these vehicles on the road today. He also mentioned that the United States is not in a recession, because the definition of a recession is 6 straight months of economic decline. This is not the case for the U.S. but he says it is true for many Americans on a personal level.

After the speech he went around shaking hands and hugging babies. I managed to make my way to the front and was able to stretch my hand out far enough for him to shake it!

I didn't have my camera so the only pictures you get are small ones off my cell phone!

I still don't know who I'm going to vote for...I sure wish Edwards was still running!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ryan,

What's up dude... I have been needing to e-mail! I still might.

But i got a hit on my blog from your blog! Thanks for the link. I don't think think i even knew you had a blog... Now that i do i will be a faithful reader!!!

Anyway, you coming to my wedding next Sunday? Did you get the invitation? I got you address from Brad. Your mom and Brad are coming and of course your brother is. I will e-mail you for realz.

Peace